- Ralph Stanley & The Clinch Mountain Boys - I mean, the legend himself.
- Steep Canyon Rangers - Check out the video below.
- Bruce Molsky - Fiddler King
- Pokey Lafarge & The South City Three - Vaudeville roots
- Red Stick Ramblers - Cooler than cool
- Zoe Muth & The Lost High Rollers - This will be a first for us
- Furnace Mountain Local band & co-host
- The Woodshedders - Another local
- Woody Pines - Where have I scene this band before?
- Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen - Another favorite and participated in the video below
- The Fox Hunt - From neighboring West Virginia
- The Acoustic Burgoo - Will be another first
- The Back Creek Valley Boys - Old school bluegrass
- Hot Club of Millwood - 2010 Band Contest Winners
- The Polka Dots - Awesome local band
- Jake and the Burtones - More local talent
Monday, August 15, 2011
I think we are finally going to be able to attend the closest bluegrass festival to our hometown, the 8th Annual Watermelon Park Fest - just outside of Berryville Virginia. This year's fest begins on Thursday, September 22, 2011 and ends Sunday, September 25. Weekend tickets are quite affordable particularly through August 31st $55 (+2.50 processing) and rise to $75 (+2.50 processing) thereafter. Not convinced; look at the lineup: