Monday, March 12, 2012

Paul Kelly Performs A->L at Jammin Java

Last night, March 11, 2012, we attended the first of two nights at Jammin Java showcasing Paul Kelly and his 8-disc (105 song), live box set The A-Z Recordings. This evening he featured songs A->L, flipping a poster board to designate the letter in focus. This was an unbelievable experience witnessed by a sold out venue - and perhaps the only time many of us will be able to watch a live performance. And there was no disapointments as he covered my favorite songs within that alphabet range: Deeper Water; Dumb things, Every F@#*in city, From St Kilda to Kings Cross, How to make gravy, and I can't believe we were married. Below is the unofficial set list to the best of my remembrance. Wonder what M->Z will bring tonight?


Adelaide
Before too long
Big fine girl
Careless
Cities of Texas
Cold as Canada
Deeper water
Down to my soul
Dumb things
Every fucking city
Everything's turning to white
(The) Foggy fields of France
From St Kilda to Kings Cross
Foggy highway
Forty miles to Saturday night
(The) Gift that keeps on giving
God told me to
How to make gravy
If I could start today again
I wasted time
I was hoping you'd say that
Jump to love
Keep on driving
I keep on coming back for more
Little decisions

Encore
Love never runs on time
I can't believe we were married
Look so fine, feel so low

No comments: