Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Album Review: Bryan Elijah Smith - These American Hearts

At this year's Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion I planned part of my schedule around Bryan Elijah Smith and what a good call. he band is tight, with their self described alternative Americana sound rockn' the stage. Too bad it was an early show; a few beers with this band in the evening would kill it.  Afterwards I headed straight to the merch store to pickup his latest release: These American Hearts - featuring The Wild Hearts. TThe album is a collection of songs describing the various emotions that life on the road produces. A month after BRRR, I haven't put this CD away. It's addicting. The musicianship of  Smith & The Wild Hearts (drummer Justin Shifflett, pianist Jeff Miller, violinist Jay Austin, and mandolinist Ethan Hawkins) is outstanding - like I said - a tight band.  Pair with the Shenandoah Valley's Three Brothers Brewing. Cheers.

No comments: