Saturday, February 15, 2014

Album Review: Cahalen Morrison & Eli West - I'll Swing My Hammer With Both My Hands

All it takes to appreciate I'll Swing My Hammer With Both My Hands, the latest from the acoustic duo Cahalen Morrison & Eli West, is to listen to the first track Fiddlehead Farm.The song includes all the attributes that I have come to appreciate from these two: outstanding picking, melodies, and balanced harmonies. What a song. The rest of the album mixes gospel, Appalachian themes, and Irish folk, with special guest fiddlers Ryan Drickey and Brittany Haas as well as bassist Erin Youngberg played bass, and Tim O’Brien. In fact O'Brien produced the release, ensuring a CD well worth grabbing - all you need is a Pocket Full of Dust (my 2nd favorite track).  Since it was recorded in the Colorado Rockies, pair with Fort Collins based Odell Brewing Company or New Belgium Brewing Company. Cheers.

No comments: