Wednesday, December 2, 2009

20 Days in November: Epilogue

What a grueling month. Yet, this is just a fraction of what touring artists experience everyday on the road - having to travel each night to a different city and venue; setup; sound check; and perform in front of an audience. I only had to show up and listen and it was still exhausting; I have a much greater appreciation for touring artists. Despite my pity party on how difficult the endeavor; I saw some great acts. I mean Chris Knight, Robbie Fulks, The Flatlanders, The Randy Rogers Band, The Gibson Brothers, Reckless Kelly, Eric Lindell, Jason Boland & The Stragglers, The Infamous Stringduster, Langhorne Slim, and Chatham County Line - all in the same month. Add to that list several local acts (The Dreamscapes Project, Memphis 59, Justin Trawick,and Uncle Dave Huber) and that is one hell of a monthly lineup. Plus, I got to throw in The Skyla Burrell Blues Band in Delray Beach. The moral is that although this was an exceptional month - there are always opportunities to see great shows - you just got to make an effort to find them.

No comments: