Monday, March 16, 2015

Album Review: Two Gallants - We Are Undone

At the NY Times Press Play site, I encountered a rather entertaining duo, Two Gallants, through their latest album: We Are Undone. Frontman Adam Stephens plays a wicked guitar while drummer and boyhood friend, Tyson Vogel, provides percussion balance. You may think the group is a Black Keys knock off, but they've been performing as a duo for the past decade. The guitar in the opening title track grabbed my attention and the mid-jam in the second song, Incidental, kept it.  Fools Like Us has a catchy melody; Invitation To The Funeral, the best vocals; and My Man Go, my favorite track. The last song, There’s So Much I Don’t Know focuses on Stephens' view that his hometown of San Francisco has lost some identity. Pair with a local brewery that has retained it's identity: 21st Amendment. Cheers.

No comments: