Monday, February 23, 2015

Album Review: Elle King - Love Stuff

Here's a very interested album I found while perusing the New York Time's Press Play; Elle King's Love Stuff. Part, rock, part, pop (I won't call it Power Pop because it's more sophisticated then that); I found this album completely enjoyable. King comes through with her raw vocals, punk delivery, great guitar work, and even the banjo takes center stage on a few songs. I Told You I Was Mean portrays these attributes in a jazzy - bluesy setting. American Sweetheart is a song that seems better than anything Katy Perry sang during the Superbowl. Want to hear the banjo? Start with Kocaine Karolina. The album concludes with See You Again, which we hope is the case with King's career. We recommend pairing "Love Stuff" with Brooklyn Oenology, a great spot to enjoy New York wine and spirits. Cheers.

No comments: